Fashion - Beauty - Lifestyle

Tuesday 14 April 2015

Tunes Tuesday | James Bay


Hertfordshire born singer, James Bay (aka my future husband) has got me falling in love with him! His brand new album 'Chaos and the Calm' is simply brilliant, from the production, to the lyrics and the artwork, I can't fault it. All tracks are different and each has a story to tell, which is when you know a song is good, when there is a story behind it. I thought when I went purchase his album it would be very samey to other folk/rock singers out there like, Jake Bugg, Ben Howard, Ed Sheeran, Seth Lakeman etc.. but, his album stands out by far, by his pure brilliance in his storytelling ability.




The obvious stand out track of the album is 'Hold Back The River' and rightly so, it's so simple and genuine that I'm surprised no one wrote it sooner but, I'm glad he did. Another stand out track, for me is the opening song 'Craving'. When I first listened to the album and this song came on, my head was bopping all over the place like a loony, it's got a very rocky vibe, with a raw and gritty feel, which just sounds amazing and it really suits his voice and yeah I just love it soo much!




I also love that this album was recorded in Nashville, as I think in the UK we don't really appreciate Country/Folk music enough and it's like James is giving a nod to the Country roots in which his album was born into.




Overall, well done James Bay for creating such an AMAZING album and I hope you have all the success in the world because, I believe you truly deserve it and it definitely comes across that you put soo much effort into this album, through the passion in your voice.



Hats off to you James Bay ;)


Lots of Love, Hugs and Kisses,


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© We Are The Lost Wolves | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig