Fashion - Beauty - Lifestyle

Monday 26 October 2020

D.I.Y Autumnal Wreath

 


As this got a lot of attention over on my Insta story, I thought it deserved it's own blog post, so here goes! I've recently been living on Pinterest from re-organising my kitchen cupboards to baking.. I've done it all! Recently I've been seeing a lot of very beautiful Autumnal wreaths and after trailing the internet looking for the perfect wreath, I wasn't satisfied at any of the results so I thought I'd make my own. 

As the inspiration was already fresh in my mind, I knew exactly what I was after. I wanted a rustic, quirky wreath, with some orange elements. I planned a trip to hobby craft to get some supplies and after being distracted by lots of the amazing things that hobby craft had to offer.. I picked up the bits for my wreath. I decided to go for a rustic heart as my base. I also picked up an amazing wreath kit which had everything in that I was looking for.

Then onto the fun part.. putting it all together! I started by laying out all of my decorations and playing around with the layout of how I wanted everything to look. Once I was happy with the arrangements I took a picture of it and started pinning some parts down and hot gluing the rest! I've never actually owned a hot glue gun before, this was my first time using one properly. I got this bright pink one also from Hobbycraft.


Before I reveal my wreath to you all.. I wanted to share with you 7 resosons why Autumn is my favourite season.. let's go!

1. Autumnal fashions.. I love layering, sweaters, scarfs, beanies and teddy bear jackets 🛍
2. Coffee shop dates.. Pumpkin spice lattes are one of my favourites!☕
3. Cosy fort days.. This is something I do all year round but in Autumn it just feels 10 times better, especially when it's raining outside and you can hear it pour down onto your windows #snuggleseason 💕
4. Halloween.. I'm a sucker for dressing up and what better time of year to dress up than Halloween. Also even though I haven't been yet (there still is time) I absolutely love pumpkin picking and carving them, although I'm not too keen on the smell 🎃
5. TV.. I'm currently watching Bake Off, Strictly Come Dancing and Little Mix The Search 👌
6. Going for walks.. Seeing the trees change colour, walking on autumn leaves and getting to wrap up all snug 🍂
7. Decorating the house.. This time of year I make a few subtle adjustments to my flat to make it feel that extra bit cosy! I change my bedding, all the cushions in my house and of course pop up some Halloween decs and now I can add my wreath to that too! If you'd like a separate blog post on how I make my flat ready for AW then comment below 🍁
8. Countdown to Christmas.. I think it goes without saying that I love Christmas! And after Halloween we can start getting ready for Christmas which I really enjoy! 🎅

Now for the moment you've all been waiting for I present my wreath.. 


It may not be perfect, some of the pieces may fall off.. but I absolutely love it and it makes me so happy every time I walk past my door! Doing this project has really inspired me and helped get my creative juices flowing. I'm sure I'll be taking more trips to Hobbycraft, especially with Christmas fast approaching!

I hope you guys enjoyed this post and I'll speak to you in the next one! Take care and stay safe..
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© We Are The Lost Wolves | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig