Fashion - Beauty - Lifestyle

Sunday 31 December 2017

2017 Round Up!

January 1st | I kick started the year off in style, in this 1920's get up at what was Deja Vu's 'Gangsta and Dolls' New Year Eve's party.


January 21st | I started a new project and hosted my own radio show on source fm. For my very first show I combined what I do on YouTube with my radio show and I got the audience involved by asking me questions, under a popular YouTube tag #AskMegan. I remember feeling very disappointed with my first show, I was extremely nervous and there were quite a few 'umm' moments but, if it wasn't for that experience then I don't think I would of had the determination to carry on for as long as I did. My show was appropriately titled the 'Lost Wolf' show and I spoke about anything and everything, every Saturday between 4-5.30pm. At the time I was hosting my show, I was completely exhausted, what with my full time job and maintaining my blog and YouTube channel, it was an awful lot to take on. My show sadly ended on May 13th. I went out on a good note my last show was during Mental Health Awareness Week and I spoke about my own battles with Mental Health and got to tell some stories from listeners too. My radio show was one of my top greatest achievements and I would do it all over again! 


February 8th | I had the incredible opportunity to model for the fabulous photographer Emma Griffin, for a fashion Editorial on behalf of Vintage Life Magazine. Emma is a photographer that I admire so so much! Her photo's are incredible and when I was offered this opportunity, I was completely over the moon! The magazine was released May 1st and when I had a copy in my hands it was one of the more surreal experiences but, one I will treasure for the rest of my life.


February 13th | All of my dreams came true! As I went to London to meet and see Tegan and Sara perform at the Roundhouse. Tegan and Sara have been such a massive inspiration to me for many years now, so meeting them was a very strange experience but one I'll treasure for the rest of my life! And after much anticipation I also visited the Alexander McQueen store, which may not seem like such a massive achievement but, to me it was! I idolized Alexander McQueen from a young age, his fashion and words spoke to me and he was the man that inspired me to work in fashion (baby steps though, of course)!


March 18th | I had my first gig in years and performed at Zee In The Park. Music has been one of my passions forever but, I've never really done much to put myself out there and when the opportunity came about for me to perform at Zee In The Park, I took the opportunity with both hands! The event was all in aid of Young People Cornwall, which is an organisation close to my heart as they're a youth group which I use to attend in my teens. I was very nervous in the run up to this performance but, I enjoyed every second.  


April 22nd + May 12th | Was the time of makeovers as I got my nose pierced and dyed my hair a turquoise blue! As much as I love changing up my look, I don't think blue hair suited me but, looking back on it though it did look pretty cool!


May 8th | I did something different and attended a Cosplay Karaoke night with YAY Cornwall. I dressed up as Matt Smith's Doctor Who, sonic screwdriver and everything. Dressing up as a man, was actually an empowering experience and was a great excuse to wear my H&M suit too. 


May 21st | After over a year without releasing a single Lookbook on my channel, I filmed a 90's inspired spring/summer Lookbook. I had the best time shooting this! 


June 20th | I achieved a pretty big blogger goal and that was interviewing a celebrity but, not just any celebrity, Ria Mae! After seeing her opening up for Tegan and Sara in London, I fell in love with her music and her onstage persona. She is extremely talented and her saying yes to doing this interview, was an incredible moment for me!


July 22nd | To kick start my summer of prides, the first stop was trans pride in Brighton! It was my first time going to Brighton and I fell in love with the city!


August 5th | 2nd pride stop was Plymouth pride. I had the absolute pleasure of marching with YAY Cornwall!


August 26th | My final pride stop was of course Cornwall pride! I had an absolute blast! There were some hesitations before the big day, as in previous years pride has been held in Truro, but this year to celebrate the 10 year anniversary pride was moved to Newquay and I think the organizers did a very good job with pulling off this years event. The headliner act for Cornwall pride was previous X Factor boy band, Union J, who I actually met before they went on stage! Over Christmas Cornwall pride released a short film from the day, which I was in for a short snippet, so head over to their Facebook page and check that out! 


October 1st | Over this year I've had some incredible blogging opportunities. One of which was working with online clothing brand Boutique of Molly. We collaborated on a blog post a little while back and are in preparation of working on our next one.


October 10th | I posted an emotional Instagram message in aid of World Mental Health Day.


October 31st | I did one of my favorite make-up looks of the year! Which was when I dressed up as a mermaid on Halloween! I did the whole fishnet tights over the head technique, worked a charm!


November 4th | I released my Autumn Lookbook in collaboration with Jam Industries. This is by far my favorite Lookbook I've filmed. It was so much fun getting to dance around in the leaves!


December 1st | I turned 21 and it was a pretty emotional time, as in my teen years I attempted suicide and I never thought I'd make it to 21 but, I did and I'm doing so much better now, than I did then. I have an incredible career, the worlds most amazing friends and a very supportive family.


December 10th | I payed tribute to one of my idols, Miss Amy Winehouse. This past year I started doing Musical Theatre with CDS. I've had the best time doing these classes, they've totally helped me to improve my confidence and my ability to sing in front of other people. This picture was taken back stage at our end of year show for Top of The Pops, I had an absolute blast performing at this!


December 22nd | And finally I couldn't have done my 2017 round up without including my girls! They're my complete rocks and I love them so much! This picture was taken from our Christmas party a couple of weeks back!


That was a quick re-cap of what 2017 was like for me, I wish you all a Happy New Year!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© We Are The Lost Wolves | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig