Fashion - Beauty - Lifestyle

Tuesday 1 September 2015

Tunes Tunesday | HEART SHAPED BOX (AUDIO)


Hello Everyone,

Today is a very exciting day for me, as I'm releasing my 'Heart Shaped Box' audio on my YouTube channel! I recorded this song when I was 15 years old with guitarist Murray Gould (who has worked with many artists from Elton John, to Newton Faulkner, to The WANTED) . It was all in aid of a charity CD, for an organisation that I work very closely with, called Realize Trust.

The Realize Trust was set up in 2012, after a friend of mine, Courtney, sadly took her own life. So we set up a charity, to raise awareness of mental health, to prevent suicide and to educate teens on how much potential they have and to help them realize that life isn't that bad.

"Teenage suicide is on the increase, and this must STOP we need to LISTEN and UNDERSTAND the difficulties and stress, teenagers are under today. You don’t have to cry to be sad inside"

I've been very much involved with this charity straight from day 1, from logo designs, to fundrasising ideas, to our goals and what we want to achieve, and I honestly couldn't think of a more worthy charity to be apart of. If any of you wan to get involved or learn more about this charity, check out the website --> http://realize-trust.co.uk/

(Courtney's tribute bench)

So, a few of you may be wondering how did Megan wind up on this charity CD? Well to be honest, I was wondering about that too, when I agreed to sing on the CD. There was originally a meeting about a charity CD, which I attended as a creative person, I thought I could help with the artwork or take some cool behind the scene's pictures but, somewhere along the way a friend of mine convinced me to sing on the CD, as I sang in assembly once. In the moment I agreed, because at the time I was a massive fan of The WANTED and Murray Gould had just come back from tour with them, so I was like YES I want to sing on the CD and the rest is history really! The CD came out in July 2012 and I performed the song a couple of times during that year.
 
 
Recording the song and getting to play it back to my friends and family was honestly the best feeling in the world, this is probably one of my greatest achievements and something I couldn't be more proud of and I'm super happy to be sharing this song with the world. I also recorded a little behind the scene's video on my YouTube page, of the recording of the CD.
 
 
 
I'd finally just like to end with a massive thank you to Murray (if you ever read this). I really appreciate all of your help when we recorded this song, I love the production of it and it would be a little empty without your accompaniment. You did an amazing job on the CD overall, I still love it just as much as the day I first heard it!
 
So, here we are my 'Heart Shaped Box' audio! I'd also like to announce that a music video is in the works, so subscribe to my YouTube if you don't want to miss that and also keep your eye out on my social media pages for further updates! 
 

 
 
Lots of Love, Hugs and Kisses,

 


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© We Are The Lost Wolves | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig