Fashion - Beauty - Lifestyle

Friday 4 September 2015

Anything Can Happen Friday | I Went To A Conference!


Hello Beauties!

A few of you, may have seen some pictures on Instagram, a few weeks ago of me jetting off to London and attending a fragrance conference. A few of you, may have also seen then vlogs from those days, that just went live over on my YouTube channel as well and I just thought, as I've not written much about it or even told you I was going, I thought I would tell you all about it and share my experience with you guys!

Ok, so a couple of months ago, their were talks of me attending a conference and I was SUPER excited, as I've never been given an opportunity like this! When I found out that I was selected to go on behalf of our store I was stocked and at the same time I was like, it's ages away I've got plenty of time, to think about.. about 2-3 days before I left, it sunk in that I was going to a conference and basically I freaked out! I was like nope, don't want to go, I can't do this by myself, tubes, taxis and trains.. just NO!! I kept these thoughts to myself as, I didn't want to let anyone down. I was so grateful that I had been selected to go but, on the other hand, I felt so scared, so nervous and extremely anxious about the trip. For those that didn't already know, I'm prone to having panic attacks and get extremely anxious in social situations and when travelling alone. I honestly didn't think I was going to be able to do this trip by myself, I thought I'll be on the phone to my friend Nicole, like the whole way there and the whole way back, hoping she would distract me, from any anxious thoughts that may pop into my brain but, I somehow managed to do it alone!

Day 1

On the actual day I left, I felt extremely calm, everything was packed the night before and I was all ready to go, I got a little bit anxious when I was leaving my house, as I kept thinking that there was something I had forgotten, even though I made a list and had everything but, when I got on the train, I was fine. Superdrug reserved seats for me on the train and finding the seats were surprisingly easy and the second I sat down and put my headphones on I was calm. About 15-20 minutes before getting off the train however, I did start feeling a bit panicky. Thoughts rushed through my head, I didn't know if I could handle London, I thought the train station was going to be super busy and I started worrying about where to go and how to get to the tube and finding where I needed to be but, the second I got off the train, I was like there was honestly nothing to worry about. There was so much space and air to breathe, there were lots of signs of where I needed to go and how to find the tube etc, but overall, it was super easy and anxiety free. After I got the tube, I then had a little time to kill before getting my final train, so I went to M&S food, Paperchase, John Lewis and MAC etc, in the meantime. Getting the final train was also super easy and it wasn't as long as the first one, so everything was totally fine. When I got off the train, there was then a taxi waiting for me to take me to my hotel, which again was totally fine! I have a weird thing when it comes to taxi's and I think Sherlock is to blame for this one! So, the first episode of Sherlock 'The Lady In Pink', which was based on a taxi man picking victims and taking them to a random location and making them chose between 2 pills one of them would kill them, they died and ever since that, I've had a mild fear of taxi men. I remember before I actually got in my taxi I texted Nicole, with the registration number and that honestly made me feel a whole lot better about getting in the taxi. When I got to my hotel I just chilled and did some editing and played Sims 4 and then I ordered pizza and went to bed.


Day 2

On the actual day of the conference I was SUPER nervous! Everything in the morning was just going too well.. I thought no, something is bound to go wrong!  I did my hair, looked better than usual, I did my make-up, looked fine, my outfit was on point and I was already and packed 30 minutes before the taxi was going to pick me up. I then went out into the lobby and there were other girls from Superdrug there all ready and waiting for their taxi's too. Then we got picked up and taken to Superdrug HQ in Dunstable, we signed in and got to know each other. Let me tell you the overall day... was just so AMAZING! It was soo cool to meet other people from other stores and talk to them about their stores, top sellers and favourite fragrances etc. I just found the whole day really interesting and as I said in my vlog 'I felt like a sponge and just soaked everything in'. I got to meet representatives from the major fragrance brands like Micheal Kors, Paco Rabanne, DKNY, Coty and Emporio Armani. I loved every minute and learnt a lot! Also... freebies!!! I was given an Emporio Armani tote bag and keyring, as well as their new Diamond Violet fragrance. I was given a bottle of the Calvin Klein Euphoria Essence for men and women, a bottle of the new mens Hugo Boss fragrance called, the scent. I was given a bottle of Ghost Girl, Davidoff Cool Water for women, Micheal Kors Amber, Jimmy Choo Blossom and the BRAND NEW Paco Rabanne Olympea!!! Which I really wanted with all my heart, hopes, dream and joy! #LuckyGirl

#GHOSTGIRL

#ARMARNIDAIMONDS
 
#FREEBIES
 
As far as the trip home goes, it was all fine and to be honest, I have no idea why I was soo worried in the first place! It was one of the best trips I've had (even though it was for work, it didn't feel like it) and I was super proud of myself that I managed to do it alone and that I didn't need anyone to hold my hand along the way.
 
Well done Megan!
 
If you wanted to check out my vlogs from my two days of travelling, go right ahead...
 
Day 1
 
Day 2
 
 
 
Lots of Love, Hugs and Kisses,

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© We Are The Lost Wolves | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig