Fashion - Beauty - Lifestyle

Monday 24 September 2018

london: day 2

Waking up in a sunny London never felt so good! And exciting day ahead as I'm heading off to the London Fashion Week Festival and Jess is popping out to Kew Gardens.. two very different types of day! This is my first experience at a London Fashion Week. I have no idea what to expect but I'm excited either way! Today I'm wearing a burgundy lace dress with black heeled embellished boot. Deciding what to wear was a challenge and after countless Snapchats back and forth to my girl friends this is what I settled on..


This past week I've been seeing pictures everywhere from Fashion Week and it's been making me super jealous and excited all at once. I booked the tickets a few months back and all I knew was that I was seeing 2 shows.. the first one being a trend show with mixed designers.. And the second one being a designer show but they didn't announce the line up until the day. During the trend show they focused on 3 trends.. Check Mate, Prince Charming and Prim and Proper. Which I'll go into detail on a later blog post.


I was so pleased to hear that the designer show would be none other then Katherine Hamnett! Katherine Hamnett is an incredible designer who kick started her career back in the 80s. She's outrageous and rebellious, her designs are a work of art and every item has something to say (quite literally sometimes). While I was wondering around the stalls I saw her in a crowded room and knew i had to speak to her! After having a short conversation with her, she gave me early access to her show, which meant I got to be on the front row (I cried). My heart is so full it could burst! She is the most humble and out spoken woman I have ever met and after today she has become one of my biggest role models. Thank you Katherine ❤ I'll be doing a full in depth blog post about her show very soon so keep your eyes peeled!


She wasn't the only celeb I met today. I also met Made In Chelsea stars Millie Mackintosh and Rosie Fortescue. Which was lovely.


During the course of the day you had not only the catwalk but live hair demonstrations from Toni and Guy and talks from the fashion council, designers and people in the industry. There was also stalls, which you could shop to your hearts content! Everything was discounted at special prices from brands like Burberry, Phillip Klein, Givency, Moschino and many more. I just made a single purchase of a dress from Wylder.. it was originally £265 down to £50, which I had to snap up!

After Fashion Week I payed a a quick visit to Oxford Street to go to the Victoria Secret store and have a wonder around Primark. Then I started heading back to our hotel for a quick change before going out to dinner. We ended up going to TGI Fridays for burgers and cocktails, which was so good. I then had the brilliant idea to go to the G-A-Y bar in Soho, which was an absolute blast! Although some of their song choices were a bit questionable. We ended up meeting a lovely group of people.. one person in particular may have caught my eye but we'll keep that quiet for now...

Overall today has been super full on and I would have had it any other way. I feel so incredibly fortunate and lucky that I'm able to do these things and meeting Katherine was just the cherry on top of the cake! Hope you've all and a wonderful day.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© We Are The Lost Wolves | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig