Fashion - Beauty - Lifestyle

Friday 5 February 2016

Anything Can Happen Friday | 5 Easy Steps On How I Clean My Make-Up Brushes

Cleaning your make-up brushes is really important! It's a chore that sometimes gets overlooked but, ladies it's something we all need to start doing. Especially if you suffer from spot prone skin as the bacteria from the brushes, that you then put on your face, can build up and cause new spots to arise, which we don't want, right girls? They say that you should clean your brushes once a month but, I know people that do it weekly or every six months, so it really can vary on how often you use your make-up brushes. I tend to do mine every 8-12 weeks and I found that is just enough time for me personally, although I do find I clean my blending sponge weekly, as it gets mucky pretty quickly.
In this post, I'll be showing you a step by step on how I clean my make-up brushes, I've heard different techniques from many bloggers and nowadays there are alot more products out there to clean your brushes with, one of which I'll be showing you today.

I'm going to be using this No7 Make-Up Brush Cleanser. Which retails at around £7 in Boots. You can get alternatives in other brands, Real Techniques have just brought out their own Make-Up Brush Cleanser, Mac, B. and Make-Up Revolution also do similar products.

I'm also going to be using a tea tree shampoo. Any normal shampoo will do, I'm using this one as it has tea tree in it which will fight any bacteria in the make-up brushes, as I do get spot prone skin this is an added benefit! I would also recommend simple shampoo or baby shampoo, as they will make your brushes softer, some shampoo's can dry out the brushes but, these will add extra softness and will really give your brushes some plump!


Step 1: Fill up your bowl or sink with luke warm water and select the brushes you would like to clean. I tend to do my thicker brushes first as they take longer to dry.

Step 2: Give your brush a little swirl in the water and you will automatically see, make up coming off.

Step 3: Add your make-up brush cleanser, shampoo or oil, as I said you can get a variety of cleaning products for your brushes.

Step 4: Work in the mixture, hold your brush so it's pointing down twist and squeeze the excess make-up out of the brush. Do steps 3 + 4 until the water runs clear, that's when you know you've gotten all of the make-up out.

Step 5: This step is optional. I would then add shampoo, to soften the brushes, give them that nice clean and fresh feel. It will also help to plump them back into shape, when you leave them to dry.

Once your happy that your brush is totally clean and free of make-up. I would then leave them overnight to dry, either on top of or next to a radiator, or I leave mine in my airing cupboard. Then wa-la when you wake up in the morning you'll have lovely clean brushes to do your make-up with!
 


Here's a little before shot...


...And here's the after shot! How much better do they look after a good cleaning, eh?
 
If any of you guys try this out at home let me know what you thought and if it's something you'll be doing more regularly. Also if you guys have tried out similar products to my No7 cleanser, feel free to leave me any suggestions of ones I should try next and what methods have worked for you!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© We Are The Lost Wolves | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig