Fashion - Beauty - Lifestyle

Tuesday 26 March 2019

Little Things I Love About My Flat

After moving to Exeter almost 3 months ago, I can happily say that I've settled into my new way of living so well. I've faced many challenges from meal planning to decor to cat separation anxiety. All of which I can do separate blog posts on if that's the kind of thing you'd like to read about 😂 I'm at a point now where I'm super happy and comfortable with the space that I'm in and I thought I'd give you an insight to some little things I love about my flat and where you can get some of the items that I'm going to feature.


Let's start with the living room! I wanted to create an inspiring space full of things I love and motivate me. The colour scheme I've gone with is grey, black, purple, rose gold and blush. All of my furniture was assembled with my own hands which was a huge achievement for me.. as much as I love my arts and crafts I'm not usually one for D.I.Y but thankfully the Ikea instructions were all pictures which made my life soo much easier! My sofas are from an affordable range at Argos which I thought was perfect for starting out in, I'm sure overtime I'll look at upgrading but I'm absolutely in love with what I have. My pink throw, sequin and white cushions are all from Primark. My watercolour cushions and wall stickers are from SHEIN. It was my first time ordering from SHEIN and I have to say I'm very impressed with their quality at such great prices! My TV stand, coffee table, desk and book case are all from the V range at Ikea. I love my desk! I've always wanted a proper desk, over the years I've prioritised having make up space rather than an office space, but now I have the perfect space where I can work on my content. On my fireplace I have a collection of photos, polaroids and fairy lights which I've acquired over time, this is probably my favourite area in my flat, makes me smile everytime I look at it.


Now onto my bedroom. My bedroom at home was very personally to me, it was a room I can go to to shut the world out and this still applies. I've gone with a theme of grey, blush and mustard. My bedding was all from Primark. I love the colours so much from my bedding it all works together so well and it makes my bedroom look so colourful and pretty. Wall sticker from SHEIN, I'm a sucker for a motivational quote, it was a no brainer getting this out up. Desk was a vintage find on ebay. Desk chair and the rest of my bedroom furniture is from Argos. (Let me know if you'd like a separate post on how I organise my make up, which is all part of my desk).


My kitchen is the one room in my flat that I have a bad relationship with! I might as well put up a sign on the door saying "send help". I can't cook to save my life and it stresses me out so much. My kitchen is pretty basic it has everything I need, oven, fridge, microwave, washing machine, cupboards.. ya know the basic stuff. My bin was from Wilko. My trolley was a good find from Tiger at only £15, I felt like I needed more space in my cupboards so this was the perfect edition to help me de-clutter. As you can see my cat is now living with me in my flat and I love him so much! He has a special shelf dedicated to all of his food and treats (I couldn't take a picture of his adorable bowls because he's such an animal and always makes such a mess). My microwave was a moving in present from my lovely grandparents. And that sums up the kitchen.


My bathroom also stressed me out. When I moved into the flat there were a few outstanding issues of things they needed to sort out one of them is my shower, the doors don't close properly and my light fitting is forever breaking, which is a bit of a pain! All of my bathroom accessories are from Primark and my storage tower is from Argos (5 hours later into building.. I have drawers aha).

I hope you enjoyed this little insight into my flat. It may not be perfect to some but it's perfect to me and I'm so grateful for what I have.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© We Are The Lost Wolves | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig