Fashion - Beauty - Lifestyle

Sunday 28 October 2018

me a model: a few words

For years I've had a love/hate relationship with modelling. I've seen first hand the damages that it can do to a person and the success you can gain from it. The fashion industry is everything to me. 

I was persuaded to start modelling a few years back, after I posted some pictures onto my blog that got alot of attention. I never expected to get signed straight away, I first joined the agency AMA which is now known as Cornwall Models and Promotions. My contract is up and I'm in 2 minds as the wether to re-sign or not. I love modelling which is why I'd never want to give it up completely. It's so intimidating when you meet promoters or photographers and all they care about is your shape and wether you have a nice pair of tits or not. It's fair enough that some promoters might have a particular idea of what they want in mind and when meeting someone like me they'll know instantly wether or wether not I meet that criteria, so why waste my time and stare at my chest if you already know I'm not what your looking for? I don't appreciate that as a model and a woman.

There is alot of pressure that comes along with modelling. You constantly have to be on your 'A' game, workout, eat healthy and look good all of the time in case a job comes up but sometimes that's not always achievable. For example whenever I'm due on my period my stomach bloats and I mean alot, I usually go up a dress size for that short period of time which is something I can't control. It makes me feel so self conscious going to shoots in that state because a photographer could literally drop me just for that. I read an article recently about Karlie Kloss, who is a model I've been inspired for, for years and she lost jobs when she went on the contraceptive pill because it made her gain a little weight.. why should that matter? She's only taking care of her health. She's still a gorgeous 6ft something incredible woman.

I had a conversation with someone recently who referred to me as being 'an expert' at modelling.. which is far from the truth, I'm still starting out really. They asked for my advice and all I had to say was be true to you, have fun and experiment and know your audience, which I think is key. We all have those people that we look up to and you never know that person could be you! What kind of message are you putting out to the world? What do you stand for? Who do you represent? Who do you inspire? These are all important questions you should ask yourself regularly, to help keep you grounded and true to who you are.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© We Are The Lost Wolves | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig